Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy BDay Amayabelle!

Oh Bells!

Four years old, going on 20! You have had wisdom beyond your years since birth, my dear child. There is something so fascinating about hearing the world through you because it is so articulate and expressive, and I feel like I am actually understanding life as you see it and experience it.

This is the first year you have activities that take you out of the home and away from me, and it was such a hard adjustment at first! I miss having my little friend and helper with me. But being the little social butterfly that you are, you are loving it! You love preschool so much, even though you already know 99% of the things they are working on! Being among friends and in the heart of the social activities is totally your element, as long as it is on your terms! But you do not like to perform on demand! You hole up like a frightened turtle!

You have always had a very keen awareness of other's emotions. You have this uncanny ability to attend to people who are hurt, sick, or sad; or to make people feel welcome and included. I think you would make a fantastic doctor or psychologist someday. You also have the ability to cut someone to the core with the flick of your tongue, or the glare of your eye!

You love your little sister so much. I have watched in absolute awe at how well you adjusted to her and loved her from day one. I am also continually amazed at how willing you are to give on her behalf. I've watched you share some of your most precious belongings with her, most particularly letting her take over your beloved Delilah doll. And maybe this is wrong, but the many a mornings when I hear you two literally screaming and yelling at each other over a toy, I can't help but laugh and just appreciate that you have each other to fight with! You will be best friends your whole life.

You still love all things pretty- dresses, skirts, hair styles, shoes, purses, princesses, dolls, and so on. You pick your own outfits entirely these days, and you are even doing your own hair now too! Most of the time I am shocked at how good it looks! You still love kid tv and movies, books, mac n noodle, Barbies, and big Delilah (the toddler version we had to buy when Kendal took over baby D). You have turned into quite the crafter these days. You love to draw, cut, color, paint, play dough. Everyday you ask me if I will show you how to draw something new...which is quickly becoming a problem because my artist skills are not much to brag about! You love your daddy. You love helping me clean and cook, especially cracking eggs.

You LOVE your cousins. You ask to play with Ella every single solitary day. You frequently ask about Millie and what she is doing, and when we can see her. Every night in your prayers you say "thank you that we can live in B and see Ella, Joshy, Caleb and Audrey all the time."

I love you so much. You are such a beautiful little girl, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you, and for us. We will be staying up nights talking all too soon! But for now, I am relishing in your crazy four year old logic, and the power struggles, and discoveries, and I thank God that my main job in life is to do just that... relish in you!

4 comments:

valerie said...

What a girl she is. I love being around her and listening to her. I can just imagine what you everyday life is with this amazing little girl who indeed seems to be going on 20 not 4. Love it. Love seeing how much your girls remind me of you. You truly have a fabulous grown up girl who is just the cutest little thing ever...besides mine of course! :)

Barb McLean said...

Happy birthday Amaya & Kendal! Cole and Kade have birthdays just a couple of days apart too and it has always been fun to double up on the fun. (When they older they probably wont let you get away with it) Hard to believe Amaya is already in pre-school. Seems like yesterday you guys were down in Provo going to school and celebrating her 1st b-day! Time flies that is for sure. You have such a beautiful family!

Becky said...

This is precious Hillary. What an amazing, articulate, smart and unique granddaughter I have, not to mention beautiful. She has a heart of gold like her Mother and I love her to pieces!!!

DollHouse said...

I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting this informative articledollhouse top ryde