Thursday, February 12, 2009

Burnt toast explanation



Amaya "Mother! You better come upstairs."

Me "Why? What's wrong?"

Amaya "I made a really big disaster! Just come up right now. Stuff is everywhere!"

Me "Oh boy."

- run upstairs to find smoke pouring out of the microwave! Crazy because she had only been upstairs for 2 minutes TOPS!

Amaya "The microwave is breathing smoke Mother! But its ok. It was just an accident. We can clean it up, right Mother? I guess I shouldn't make toast in the microwave anymore, because I'm too little."

- I wish I had my real camcorder this day. All I got was a pathetic little smidgen of her hilarious explanations.

8 comments:

Heather said...

oh she is too stinking cute. I love her dialogue! what a hoot!

Tara said...

Looks like you have your hands full : ) She is too cute and so articulate! Love her!

Sarah Young said...

I love that she calls you Mother!

Anonymous said...

I love the microwave "breathing" smoke.

valerie said...

Mother, mother mother.....dying laughing at that entire story. I could sit and listen to her all day! :)
what is she going to be like as a teenager my dear??? you should be scared, very scared!

the mortensen's said...

Hilarious! Does she really call you "mother" what a cutie patootie!

Staci Davies said...

Oh gosh. That is funny! They are so funny at this age. Starting to think they can actually do things on their own. I loved her little explanation!

McBairdFamily said...

It could be a dangerous combination to leave Amaya and Savannah alone for even a minute!