Monday, February 16, 2009

The most un-perfect way to start the day





First thing in the morning, I'm on the potty, and Amaya comes up and starts combing my hair while talking to me. Sweet enough, until I realize its a round brush- you know the kind.
"Lets not use that kind of brush, honey, they get tangled in long hair really easily" I say to her.
AS I am saying this, she rolls the brush all the way up my hair and then tries to pull it out. Sure enough, I am a tangled disaster. Nobody is home to help me get it out, so I spend a good 30 minutes picking out piece by piece, feeling more and more frantic and chlosterphobic as time goes on, and I realize its not getting any better, and the pieces I am getting out are actually just being broken off.

Meanwhile, Amaya is asking me about every 5 minutes while happily wathcing her 'kid tv' if I got it yet.

Finally I resort to calling my mom in law hairdresser. I climb into my car the second my mom gets home to watch the girls, and drive across town, with absolutely no make up, bed head, and holding a brush that is tangled in my hair off to one side so it doesn't obstruct my vision while driving. In my head I was
daring a cop to pull me over!

We finally ended up cutting the brush out. No other option. Thankfully, it was further back on my head, and random pieces, so not a huge chunk. We literally cut it about 2 inches from the scalp. I'll post my mom in law's pic when I get it!
Wow.
Good morning!
(and I guess I just inadvertenly accomplished the "post a picture first thing in the morning with no makeup" challenge given by my friend Heather. Liberating indeed.)

7 comments:

valerie said...

That totally sucks my love! I hate those brushes, why even have them? I have no idea how to use them, if I tried I am sure I would have done what Amaya did and cause a total mess of things. I am so sorry for your georgous hair, at least its not bad. You were wanting to cut it a little anyway right??? :)
when are we going to play????

Heather said...

see! doesn't it feel great letting it all hang out!? and i have to say, you look great in the morning! plump lips, fresh clear skin, and beautiful eyes. nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of. keep the "real" blogs coming. it's enjoyable being on the receiving end. :0)

Heather said...

as for the incident: yikes. this is why i do not use a round brush myself - yes, I am not capable of using them- I am special. I am sure Amaya did better then I would do with one!

Tara said...

That is some funny sh*t! Oh, well... we could all use some extra layers : ) And somehow you make the whole... just woke-up, brush caught in hair look work.

Unknown said...

LOL! Oh little My-my. I love the first pic of you. It seriously cracks me up. Hope you threw that brush away. :) Loves!

Sarah Young said...

Ugh! That STINKS!!!! Thank heavens Jody was there to salvage the wreckage! Can't wait to see the after pic. And as far as the early mornig pic... if I looked that gorgeous with crazy hair and no make-up, I would never bother dressing myself. Seriously, perfect skin, dark lashes... you make me muy, muy jealous! :)

Ana Lee said...

Oh my goodness that would be horrible! You look beautiful first thing in the morning though. Eyre women are so blessed :)