Saturday, February 21, 2009

Picture Perfect

The lengths I'll go to get number 1 to take a nap!
Yes- I have resorted to driving aimlessly for a couple hours during the middle of the day just to get Amaya to take a nap! I don't do it everyday, just the real rough days when she wakes up so tired she can't even function. Believe me- I have tried everything in the book to get her to nap, but her strong little personality is such that she would rather sit in a room screaming for two hours than give in and actually sleep. But the second I lock her in a carseat- she's out. So I drive around all my favorite parts of town, looking at all the houses, something I actually love doing anyway, and enjoy some peace and quiet. It all works out in the end. Often, I pull over and read a book. So long as I keep the car running- they keep sleeping, and everybody is happier. So don't be alarmed if you see my drive by your house 15 times in an afternoon... its just what I do!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds similar to what I did when Rowan was 2 months old and refusing to go to bed. The problem was he always woke up once the car got shut off and I was back at square one! Oh my gosh, I love looking at houses too! (daydreaming for me)

Tara, Daniel & Girls said...

I remember those days. I miss it too cus it was the only time I could do things I enjoyed like reading 0a good book or magazine

Clements Est. 2002 said...

Do what you gotta do, I say! Little girls are so sweet, unless they are tired and have had no nap! I hear you on that. Your girls get more and more adorable!! Glad to see you guys had a good holiday and are all settled in Boise.

valerie said...

weren't we just talking about how naps are so necessary? I'm glad you have found a way t get her to nap so she is happy for the rest of the day. Gav has been sick, and has just fallen asleep on the couch, its been so heavenly! :)

casa chandler said...

i fully support the driving-to-get-the-kiddies-asleep method. we end up doing this at least a couple times a week for bedtime at night. it's just the only way to get them to give up.

Ana Lee said...

haha what a great idea! I found your blog through Deena's :) Your kids are so cute!

Ana Lee
missanalee.blogspot.com

Deena Taylor said...

Umm...I blog stock you all the time but never write anything. I love reading your hilarious posts and I always check em out!! You are a great soul that makes me laugh all the time! Good idea with the driving. I now understand that whatever you get to work, works!! By the way, your hair is super long and super gorgeous. I love it.

the mortensen's said...

That is too funny! Liv does everything in her power NOT to fall asleep in the car. I have to trick her into taking a nap by saying she has to rest in her bed for 15 minutes, this is never accaptable so we agree on "just 3 minutes mom" sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Staci Davies said...

Ah. That is a beautiful site for a mother. They look so peaceful. I know what you mean about getting them to nap. Some days, you just HAVE to make them